"Yes is a world.
And in this world of yes live
(skilfully curled)
all worlds."
-e.e. cummings

Pages

Monday, March 26, 2012

Spring is Here

So many, many things I want to do. And with the sunny weather, I'm feeling inspired to get it done! I've been so busy lately and so excited about life, love, and living in the city. Here are a few things I've been working on in the past three months--some career-related, some not.

Getting my acting sh---t together. Goodbye crappy headshots! Goodbye going to print-modeling go-sees with acting photos! And at long last, goodbye crappy acting website. This winter and spring, I've embarked on a spring-cleaning of my acting marketing collateral. I've got fabulous new pictures coming and an amazing web design company lined up to build me a new website. I've also done a couple of fun film and TV projects that hopefully will give me some great reel material. It's taken a long time for all of this to come together, but I have a feeling great things will happen when it does.

Getting my writing sh---t together. I've been working hard on my novel--with the goal of having it agent ready by end of next year. I hit a snag and right now I'm having a very select circle of trusted readers look it over and let me know what they think--one of my goals this year is not to sit on my drafts when I get stuck, the way I've done in the past. I get too stuck in the echo chamber of my own mind.

Getting my freelancing sh---t together. Actually, this has probably been the most together part of my life for the past few years. My freelancing business has sustained me throughout years of living independently in Philadelphia and New York--and I'm eternally grateful. But I wanted to take it a step further. I've resurrected my freelance writing blog in the past few months, and I know it's also time to resurrect the article section on my freelance writing website and get better about social media and non-social-media marketing. I've been tackling these projects a little at a time, once a week.

Writing a song, knitting a blanket, learning to speak, learning to dance, writing a poetry chapbook. These are my random creative projects--things I love to do when I just need to take a break from all the career-related stuff above and have some fun.

I feel overwhelmed sometimes. But when the sun is shining and the weather is warm, it's just easy to feel light and optimistic--like everything can't help but work out perfectly. I know it won't. Life still adamantly refuses to be perfect--it's taken me a long time to accept that. But I'm doing a lot of things this year I should have done a long time ago--and I'm excited about it.

1 comment:

  1. Excited is good!! but a whole year on your novel draft??? No! Step this up lady :) I know you can do this!

    ReplyDelete