"Yes is a world.
And in this world of yes live
(skilfully curled)
all worlds."
-e.e. cummings

Pages

Monday, March 19, 2012

Being Cindy Williams

So last week was insane and crazy and wonderful and exhausting...pretty much all at once, all the time. I was busy a lot. One of the things I was busy with was filming an episode of Celebrity Ghost Stories. I got to re-enact a ghost story told by Cindy Williams, who played Shirley in Laverne and Shirley. Apparently she looks a lot like me.

And i got to be terrified. All the time.

The ghost story she told was really scary! It starts when Cindy starts hearing strange noises in her house. Doors slam when she's alone. She sees something big and black run under her daughter's bed--something definitely too big to be a cockroach. Things escalate until I--ahem, Cindy--has to call in a friend who's a medium to light some burning sage, wave a severed eagle's wing, and chant those chants that ghosts don't like to hear. I'd tell you what happens next, but I don't want to give away the ending.

I am such a worrier. I always think the perfect take was the one that would have happened just after the last one I did. I noticed this in myself two weeks ago, when I was filming Sarah and Penny, the student film about the girl with OCD. I definitely also do it now. I bet lots of professional actors feel this way too. But there's no way to know until I see the footage--which I'm looking forward to. Also looking forward to having current material for my reel.

In other words, I also did the Sam Christensen Studios workshop last week. This was a four-day endeavor that took up a lot of time and had massive amounts of homework--hence, no blogging last week. But I got some great insight into my "type" for acting--and I'm thrilled to get out there and put myself in front of more agents and auditioners. I'm starting to feel very optimistic about this year!

2 comments:

  1. That sounds like a crazy busy week! I cannot wait to see your celebrity appearance :) And yes, you do look a lot like her :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! With the makeup I looked even more like her. She's my 1980's spirit animal.

    ReplyDelete