"Yes is a world.
And in this world of yes live
(skilfully curled)
all worlds."
-e.e. cummings

Pages

Sunday, May 27, 2012

The Secret Life of Jenny Williamson


Back from France last month and I hit the ground running. The short version is that after getting home, I did my taxes (bummer) and just found out I have a $146 rebate coming my way (woot!). I got cast as an extra in The Secret Life of Walter Mitty, a new movie inspired by the short story of the same name and starring Ben Stiller. I’m basically standing on the sidewalk in the scene where Walter Mitty hallucinates doing skateboard tricks in the street and standing on a bus with a rubber baby growing out of his chest. (Looking forward to seeing this movie.) I didn't actually see Ben Stiller...but the stunt guys all looked like him. I was seeing faux Ben Stillers everywhere I looked.

Then the next day, got cast in a L’Oreal print ad for Healthy Look, their semi-permanent hair color. Basically, they colored my hair and took before and after pics which will be up on their website at some point. My hair is slightly darker and redder now. (Woot!)

I also landed a voiceover gig for an online job site for graphic designers…I spent all morning on Friday recording that at home. I love that I can record things in my “home studio.” Well…I call it a home studio. You might call it a mic that plugs into a laptop. But “home studio” sounds a lot better.  Yup, I’m a copywriter.

Meanwhile, I’ve finished up the first half of the first draft of my latest novel and am preparing to Nano the second half. Preparing…any day now…eventually I’ll make that leap to writing 2,500 words a day again. I’ve been telling myself that all week but have basically just been prodding at it with a stick all week. Oh well. Soon, I swear.

And! New pics, clips, a new IMDB page…things are coming together.

So…more blog posts up in the coming week or two. As the weather warms up and life gets more interesting. 

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like your life has been plenty interesting! I am so looking forward to hearing more about it! Congrats on all the acting/modelling work and the IMDB page ;)

    ReplyDelete